Trying to put LO Firebird patches upstream, license issue?

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:33:38 UTC 2019

On 09.02.2019 22:19, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On 04/02/2019 21:15, Julien Nabet wrote:
>>> Well - since our patches are modifications to Firebird, which requires
>>> all modifications to have IDPL licensing, then all our modifications
>>> cannot be under a different license?
>
> 	So - Mike is right; but I expect no problems here. We should contribute
> to Firebird under their own license, respecting that. This may mean that
> whomever wrote the patch / worked on it should contribute it up-stream
> to Firebird, and/or give permission for that.

Hmm... I'm sorry for not being clear. My point was that since our
patches (in our tree) were changing Firebird, they *automatically*
follow Firebird license - or otherwise we couldn't have modified it. So
I meant that whatever LibreOffice licensing is, the patches in Firebird
External subdirectory are already license-compatible with upstream Firebird.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski