Broken Python unit test need help to finish the fix

Hamish MB hamishmb at
Tue Feb 12 14:07:05 UTC 2019


I did replace the strings, but it still doesn't work for reasons I don't 
understand. Is it definitely not useful to fix this and keep it around?


On 12/02/2019 13:06, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 12.02.19 13:42, Hamish MB via LibreOffice wrote:
>> I found a broken and disabled test while doing so - I
>> have started an attempt to fix it, and fixed several issues, but I
>> reached a roadblock when my knowledge of pyUNO and UNO wasn't enough to
>> finish it. The results of the work so far are at
>> What seems to happen is the test segfaults when loading a file,
>> seemingly regardless of what that file is - see the comment at line 91.
> this isn't and has never been a unit test; it was never enabled in the 
> build system and won't do anything useful unless you replace the 
> "FIXME" strings with a real directory first.
> i just implemented it in the form of a JunitTest 10 years ago because 
> it happened to be the most convenient way at the time to round-trip a 
> bunch of documents.
> recently it somehow got translated to a PythonTest, and apparently 
> that never worked (as you found).
> perhaps it's best to just remove the file so people don't get confused.

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list