need help to insert an image with a caption with the Libo java API

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Feb 13 09:45:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 09:27:15AM +0000, LORENZO Vincent <vincent.lorenzo at cea.fr> wrote:
> I would like to add a caption, to an inserted image in a text
> document, but I don't find how to do that... Please do you have
> pointer/documentation for me ?

I think captions are just a UI feature. The doc model just stores a text
frame around the image and the image is followed by the caption itself.

(I.e. later it's not possible to reliably detect if some content around
an image in a frame was created by hand or using the captions UI code.)

So you can do the same "manually" using the UNO API. When in doubt, see
what UNO API the ODT import uses to create the doc model based on the
input markup.

Regards,

Miklos