How do I add a new configuration item to registrymodifications.xcu

Winfried Donkers Winfried.Donkers at dekimo.com
Thu Jan 31 10:48:10 UTC 2019

Including the mailing list this time...

Winfried

-----
Hi Michael, Stephan,

Thank you for your quick responses.

>> Therefore I need to add a configuration item to registrymodifications.xcu.
>> I have created a class to obtain the configuration item, using a derivative of ::com::sun::star::utl::ConfigItem and copying/adapting existing code to retrieve configuration items.

> utl::ConfigItem is sort of deprecated and you should have a really good
> excuse to use it in new code.

I have no better excuse than that it existed in the same component.
Which method should I use instead (or where can I find good examples of code to use as guide)?

> i see no mention of the word "officecfg" in your mail, which is worrisome :)

> so you first need to add your config item to the schema in
> officecfg/registry/schema/ somewhere.

I should have mentioned that; I have added the item to officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Calc/xcs.

> then "make officecfg postprocess" will get you the new configuration in
> instdir; it should show up in Expert Configuration now, and if you
> change it there it should automatically be written to
> registrymodifications.xcu (which only contains non-default values).

That was what I didn't do, I ran make officecfg without the postprocess.
Now I no longer have the exceptions and can start testing thoroughly :)

Winfried