How do various apps and DEs handle the primary selection?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Mon Jul 8 07:22:40 UTC 2019

Hi Jan-Marek,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 01:07:38AM +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski <glogow at fbihome.de> wrote:
> And Writer clears it when a Shell closes, while Calc (~ScTabView) and Draw
> (:~View) clear it when the view is closed. But I'm a bit confused by the terms
> Shell and View and then there is even a ViewShell...

A "shell" on its own is not clear. An object shell usually refers to an
SfxObjectShell sublcass, there is one instance for one opened document.
If you go to Window -> New Window, you can have multiple views for the
same document. Then you get multiple SfxViewShell subclasses.

In the Writer case, the subclasses are called SwDocShell and SwView.

BTW, did you try 'make gbuildtojson' recently? :-) It was broken on
master in this range:

git log 4154d281fbecaadf6cd118c00cc6cff929e339a4..1e4fa857873c0bc728143087ec692c4b75aaf820 -- solenv

Perhaps it rings a bell for you.

Thanks,

Miklos