tdf#74702 2/2

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Mon Jul 8 10:48:53 UTC 2019

On Monday 08 of July 2019, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 06.07.19 19:59, Adrien Ollier wrote:

 Please do not split emails randomly into halves, it just makes it confusing.

> well there are some options:
>
> 1) keep tag enums
>     + conditions are fast
>     - violates the purity of object-oriented dogma

   - makes it easier to miss places that need handling

> 2) use dynamic_cast instead
>     - slow
>     +- it is semi-object-oriented (at first glance you're making use
>        of subtyping but in reality it's not)

 1) and 2) are more or less the same, just with different tradeoffs.

>> I hope that all of you understand that it is important you to know this
information so that you do not break all my work.

 This is not getting priorities right. The point of the work should be to
improve things. If your work makes it a misery for everybody else, then it's
the wrong way around, and people will generally resist/fail to do it anyway.

 You either need a different approach, or accept that #74702 may not actually
be an improvement.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com