tdf#74702 2/2

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:06:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 06.07.19 19:59, Adrien Ollier wrote:

Well IMHO the problem that you even have to think about this is that
OutputDevice is a enormous class, and then you have to deal with another
even more enormous subclass vcl::Window, which should never be a subclass
of OutputDevice in the first place. However the work to change that is
quite big and non-trivial. Once that is done I'm sure the need that a user
needs to know with what subclass of OutputDevice it deals with will be
mostly gone. Until then I'm also comfortable with the status quo and still
have the enum and work with conditions for the outside use. From inside the
hierarchy of course it is better to use polymorphism.

Regards, Tomaž