Problem with Calc 6.2 Multiple Operations

Steve Fanning stevemfanning at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 13:20:09 UTC 2019

All,

Can anybody help me please? I have been working within the LO
Documentation Team updating Chapter 9 (Data Analysis) of the Calc Guide.

I have hit a particular problem with the Multiple Operations tool and
have been unable to successfully save a LO spreadsheet containing
multiple operations into an Excel file. (I have tried placing the
relevant formula in the top left cell!)

By way of an example you can find a suitable Excel spreadsheet on the
site called www.excel-easy.com, at a download address of
https://www.excel-easy.com/examples/excel-files/data-tables.xlsx. I
opened this file in LO 6.2 and all seemed well, so I re-saved it from LO
as an Excel file. Unfortunately Excel generated errors when opening this
version of the file and the resulting spreadsheet appeared to just
contain numeric values rather than a proper Excel Data Table structure.

Should this process work or am I doing something stupid?

Regards,

Steve Fanning