Building libreoffice headless

James Carbine james.carbine at atomicjolt.com
Wed Jun 12 14:00:20 UTC 2019

Howdy,

We would really like to use either the --without-x or --disable-gui
options to build a headless LibreOffice. As shown here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/HeadlessBuild. I
recognize that, the time of this posting, it says `WARNING: This is
broken in master and 4.4! Unless you plan to fix it don't use it`. I
attempted looking into fixing it. But the truth is, I don't have the
knowledge to fix it. I know nothing about building LibreOffice.

Can any one either point me in the direction I need to go in order to
build LibreOffice without X (or any gui dependencies)?

-or-

Are there any maintainers that the company I work for(Atomic Jolt) can
pay to fix the headless build option?

We want to make sure there are no gui dependencies.

Thanks!

-James Carbine

Software Developer

Atomic Jolt