UNO connection problems (GSOC Report Week 3)

Rasmus Jonsson wasmus at zom.bi
Tue Jun 18 22:41:06 UTC 2019

So last week (until June 16th) I ran into issues with integrating my
program with LibreOffice using UNO. The goal is to start LibreOffice
Impress, connect to it (initially using the Impress Remote Protocol, but
it was decided that UNO would be more suitable), and open/ play/ control
slideshows this way.

Below is some information on what was done.

LibreOffice was started thus,

soffice --impress "--accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;"

or thus,

soffice --impress "--accept=pipe,name=hello;urp;"

My mentor was able to run the following script and successfully connect
to LibreOffice,

http://paste.debian.net/1088385/

However, when I ran the same script `python3 myscript.py` I got this,

http://paste.debian.net/1088386/

My mentor advised to run `make UITest_demo_ui` which ran fine, but
`make UITest` failed with the same error as above,

http://paste.debian.net/hidden/ca319a53/

Would be great if anyone had any advice on how to solve this.

rasmus