Problems with import of shape type 'arc' from binary MS Office

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Mar 12 14:03:42 UTC 2019

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 12-Mar-19 um 09:05:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 11:11:11PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> I consider to change the import so, that the viewbox only includes the
>> current sector not the entire ellipse. What do you think?
>
> [MS-ODRAW] from
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/office_file_formats/ms-odraw/8560795e-7759-4745-838f-f7f2ef2f1872>
> is the relevant spec here, I think.

Yes, and
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/B/E/0BE8BDD7-E5E8-422A-ABFD-4342ED7AD886/OfficeDrawing97-2007BinaryFormatSpecification.pdf

  Did you find any confirmation in it
> regarding your proposed change? Or is this just not documented there?

I have found no documentation about it. I have uses files, which I have
generated from scratch in Word 97 and see the behavior there. I then
take the values which are read in msdffimp.cxx, when I debug it in
Visual Studio. And they match to the size, position and behavior in Word 97.

The question is not whether MS Office behaves the described way. The
question is, how to deal with it in LibreOffice.

The problem exists similar in spreadsheets. There it leads to
inconsistent position and size values and wrong scaling. In
presentations it does not result in visual errors, because there shapes
are allowed to be partly outside the slide.

Based on my observations, I would say that only this particular shape is
affected.

Kind regards
Regina