gsoc2019

Xisco Fauli xiscofauli at libreoffice.org
Sat Mar 23 11:10:26 UTC 2019

Hi Shubham Verma,

Welcome to LibreOffice! It is nice to see you are interested in applying
for a GSoC project. Having skill/knowledge/experience in programming,
and especially in C++ helps a lot while working on the LibreOffice
code-base.

As the student application date for GSoC is approaching, we suggest you to

* Go through the LibreOffice development getting started page [0]
* Start with solving some 'beginner' easyHacks [1]
* Solve at least one 'interesting' easyHack
* Start discussing your ideas with possible mentors, and preparing your
proposal
* Don't leave your proposal to the last day. Sooner is better.

Also checking the GSoC ideas page first, and trying to choose the
easyHacks related to your probable idea(s) might be a good idea [2], and
perhaps also the page for ideas without a mentor yet [3].

If you ever get stuck (after doing the usual leg-work (re(search), try,
debug etc.) yourself), please don't hesitate to ask your questions
either on the #libreoffice-dev IRC channel, or on this mailing list.

Regards

[0] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved
[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks/by_Required_Skill
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas
[3]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas_without_a_mentor

El 22/3/19 a les 22:12, Shubham Verma ha escrit:
> Hello Dear Sir,
>
> My name is Shubham Verma. I am a B tech 2nd-year I.T. student and I
> would like to look into working with LibreOffice for the Google Summer
> of Code 2019.
>

> I have just recently started learning and looking into the
> contributions that I can make to GitHub issues. As this is my first
> GSOC  I wanted to know what other things I have to do to be part of an
> organization.
>

> I mentioned my interest and project on which I want to work on below,
> have a look at that and tell me what will be good for me. I want to
> work on the project under the guidance of yours. and I want to ask you
> if you have a particular long-standing idea on which I can work.
>

> I would be grateful if you can tell me if there's anything else that I
> could do which would be appreciated. Any further guidance or inputs
> would certainly be of great help.
>

> Thank you!

Xisco Faulí
Libreoffice QA Team