soffice headless on server consumes 100% CPU

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Thu May 23 10:29:36 UTC 2019

Hi Manfred,

Am 23.05.19 um 06:29 schrieb Manfred Rebentisch:
> if I call the headless mode:
>
> # /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice  --headless --nologo --norestore
>  --accept="uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp" &
>
> then the computer needs all its power for that software. top shows 100%
> and the fans working hard.
>
> What is wrong with this mode?

You probably just found a bug. Please file a report[1].

6.0 had a larger rewrite of the internal job scheduler, which broke stuff,
resulting in some busy loops.

What happens if you use SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=svp (that shouldn't be needed)?

> # soffice --version
> LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 00m0(Build:3)

I guess you build that version on your own?

Nevertheless 6.0 is EOL, so you won't get fixes for it[2].

I suggest to test at least with 6.2 and probably even current development[3,4],
as even 6.1 will be EOL soon, before filing a bug.

If you need a fix for that specific version, there is also professional support[5].

HTH

Jan-Marek

[1] https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/6.0