minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Thu May 30 14:30:39 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

a quick follow-up:

> * Pending Action Items:
>     + run the certification script (Kendy)
>     + make Qt5 backend experimental (Jmux)

Just talked to jmux on IRC. Since making qt5 experimental doesn't work
easily (s. Jan-Marek's email [1]), the suggestion is to just keep it as
is, i.e. qt5 is never used by default, but people can select it by
setting the SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=qt5 environment  variable (and set
SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO in addition to get Cairo rendering).

This is the third option from the 3 Jan-Marek suggested:

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2019-May/082835.html