Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Multi-threading in Calc

Drew Jensen drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:48:23 UTC 2020

BTW I'm copying a paragraph from an email on a different list.

"Also - if you set MAX_CONCURRENCY=16 - or somesuch (ie. twice your
number of threads) - you may be able to defeat the hyper-threaded
halving, and see if this workload happens to be one that does better
with hyper-threading than without."M.M.

It might be worth mentioning the MAX_CURRENCY setting for controlling CPU
thread usage.

Also, I wonder if the folks answering could answer one other question:
Does LibreOffice OnLine also use cpu threading in the same way it does when
run for desktop or headless? It would be with noting in the documentation
if it does not, IMO.