Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Multi-threading in Calc

Drew Jensen drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:56:58 UTC 2020

To follow up on that.

Using LO 6.4 & 7.0 pre-release build on Ubuntu. Recalculating one of the
OpenCL test xls files just now.

Starting up with a command line
MAX_CONCURRENCY=0 ./soffice
Does turn the CPU threading off.

Restarting with a command line
MAX_CONCURRENCY=4 ./soffice
Turns it back on (for my AMD a5800 processor this will give me two threads,
because while the CPU is called a 4 core processor and it does have 4
accumulators it only has 2 floatingpoint cores and this is the limiting
factor it seems) with recalculation time for the workbook is ~2x faster.