MacOS support; agenda item ESC

Italo Vignoli italo at vignoli.org
Sat Apr 25 15:59:28 UTC 2020

On 4/25/20 11:11 AM, julien2412 wrote:

> Since we don't know if it'll be voted and if it's voted how much times we
> will have to wait for a fix, shouldn't we stop temporarily to release LO for
> MacOs or at least indicate not compatible with Catalina 10.15 ?

As a Mac user, I would strongly oppose this approach, also because there
is a workaround which has been published on TDF blog and we are using to
help users asking for support (with positive feedback).

Of course, we could add a link to the workaround to the download page to
make it more prominent and reduce the number of emails for support, even
if they do not represent a heacy burden (I am the person who answers the
majority of those emails).

Italo Vignoli - italo at vignoli.org
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli at gmail.com
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0