MacOS support; agenda item ESC

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 25 09:11:29 UTC 2020

Hello,

Here are some points:
1) Notarization.
Reading
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2020#Fix_macOS_10.15_notarization
, it seems we're stuck.
Reading from last ESC (eg:
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/ESC-meeting-agenda-2020-04-02-16-00-Berlin-time-tt4276518.html),
it seems we must wait for votes.
Since we don't know if it'll be voted and if it's voted how much times we
will have to wait for a fix, shouldn't we stop temporarily to release LO for
MacOs or at least indicate not compatible with Catalina 10.15 ?

2) There was some call to pay Mac machines for some interested devs, what's
the situation now? Did TDF pay them? If yes, have the machines between
interested LO devs?
I didn't find info on ESCs but it's quite possible I missed it.

3) About Collabora, like for Skia (see my post here:
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/SKIA-on-Windows-Roadmap-ESC-agenda-item-tt4277989.html),
I think it's risky to depend only from Collabora for MacOs bugs fixing.
Against, nothing against this company but LO shouldn't rely only on it.

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html