New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 11:32:47 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-08-07 at 08:17 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> The above CIDs 1462308--1462314, 1462316, and 1462318 all appear to
> center on the false assumption that TYPELIB_DANGER_GET
> (include/typelib/typedescription.h) could destroy its
> *ppMacroTypeDescr argument (while it will actually only shave off an
> excess refcount via typelib_typedescription_release).
>
> Question is whether there is a good way to centrally teach Coverity
> Scan about its false assumption there.

It's probable that we had all these before and marked them manually in
the coverity UI as false positive but loplugin:flatten (or somethine
like that) changed the code enough that coverity doesn't recognize it
as the same code anymore and warns about them again.

I don't know a good way to inline mark these up to avoid the warning,
but they are manually set as ignored again and so shouldn't appear in
the next run.