Problems with data labels in charts

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Aug 17 18:19:37 UTC 2020

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 17-Aug-20 um 10:08:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 05:27:07PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> So there are discrepancies between what LibreOffice writes and reads and
>> what exists in ODF. What to do?
>
> Regarding data label fill style, I think Gulsah added that recently in
> commit 603df08a1e0211099ce2cf258cfe64a74ed6ded9 (2020-05-04). So in case
> the used ODF markup is wrong, it is OK to just fix that without worrying
> about backwards compat. The use-case in that commit was OOXML import +
> correct rendering, so again, ODF markup can be tweaked.

So you suggest to keep the internal structure?

That would mean, we will get about 18 additional "LabelFoo" properties
over the time for the still missing fill and line properties.

Then these needs to be done:
A) Implement import of such ODF files, which use the styles of
<chart:data-label> elements for the fill and line properties of labels,
so that this information goes into the internal "labelFoo" properties.
B) Implement export to ODF, so that it writes the "labelFoo" properties
into the styles of <chart:data-label> elements, initially in addition to
the loext:labelFoo attributes.
C) Implement a service for the "labelFoo" properties. (Currently they
are not officially available in the API, although they are visible in
the Basic IDE.)

The problem was not introduced by Gülşah, but this structure was
determined by Kohei Yoshida July 2014 with commit
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f1531cdaaebe706d909dc6ddde439ccb5f4ad36d

Kind regards
Regina