Problems with data labels in charts

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Aug 18 07:19:27 UTC 2020

Hi Regina,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 08:19:37PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> So you suggest to keep the internal structure?
>
> That would mean, we will get about 18 additional "LabelFoo" properties over
> the time for the still missing fill and line properties.

That is indeed some cost to be considered.

> Then these needs to be done:
> A) Implement import of such ODF files, which use the styles of
> <chart:data-label> elements for the fill and line properties of labels, so
> that this information goes into the internal "labelFoo" properties.
> B) Implement export to ODF, so that it writes the "labelFoo" properties into
> the styles of <chart:data-label> elements, initially in addition to the
> loext:labelFoo attributes.
> C) Implement a service for the "labelFoo" properties. (Currently they are
> not officially available in the API, although they are visible in the Basic
> IDE.)
>
> The problem was not introduced by Gülşah, but this structure was determined
> by Kohei Yoshida July 2014 with commit https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f1531cdaaebe706d909dc6ddde439ccb5f4ad36d

Ah, thanks for researching that, so it's older.

Given it's there since 2014, I think there is benefit in not breaking
that. I would rather add the remaining missing LabelFoo properties
and keep the existing API working than the other way around.

Regards,

Miklos