[libreoffice-documentation] What is data hierarchy in pivot table data field options?

Celia Palacios celia.palacios at libreoffice.org
Sun Aug 23 01:45:42 UTC 2020

Dear Kohei Yoshida, your explanation is supercomplete. I understand it
now. Thank you very much!

I do not want to be disrespectful regarding your name, that's why I call
your full name. I do not know ettiquette. I am sorry.

 From this text of yours, if I do not misunderstand, if a field has
grouping, is it redundant to have hierarchy because it will be the same?

>>> This grouping is what is referred to as hierarchy.

And in lame terms, hierarchy is not going to be used as an option in
present time, until someone develops an extension to not use the Calc's
back-end to manipulate pivot tables and hierarchy options.

This is more or less the explanation I will include in the Spanish
guide.

I want to share this answer (complete of yours) if you may let me, Kohei
Yoshida, in AskLibreOffice (or if you like, you can). This is the
question link:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/260914/whay-is-data-hierarchy-in-pivot-tables/

Thank you very much again!

Celia