About tdf#138715 and future of Thunderbird address book support

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 19 11:50:17 UTC 2020

I submitted https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/108017 for master
sources.

If Jenkins is ok and nobody complains, I'll push this and will update
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/7.2.

If the patch is pushed, I'll cherry-pick the patch on 7.1 branch. Indeed,
I'd like to avoid people to declare bugs about it for the next 6 months. Of
course, I know I can't decide all my myself when I cherry-pick, so don't
hesitate to comment.

Of course, helpcontent should be updated about Thunderbird AB. I'll take a
look but think I may need some help.

I had already indicated in
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/ESC-meeting-agenda-2020-12-17-16-00-Berlin-time-tt4292917.html
but I prefer repeating myself in this thread:
I saw that there was too the wrong named "Firefox address source" in Writer
wizard Address Data Source.
I'd like to remove this too since Firefox is a browser not a mailer. Of
course, perhaps it corresponds to "Mozilla Suite" or now "Seamonkey" since
they include a mailer module.
Now I'm not sure/don't know if these are very used and so if it worths it to
keep on maintaining this part.
I mean, it seems more and more people use webmail of their provider or
applications from their smartphone.

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html