build error in libreoffice-android

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Fri Feb 7 06:50:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 06/02/2020 08.14, RUTUJA BHAGWAN KENDRE wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>     I am Rutuja and I want to work on libreoffice online android app in
> gsoc 2020. I have built libreoffice core and online on ununtu 18.04 but
> I am not able to build libreoffice-android. I am getting this error when
> I run make command
>  'configure: error:
> *** expat is required. or try to use --enable-libxml2
> /home/rutuja/libreoffice/external/fontconfig/ExternalProject_fontconfig.mk:22:
> recipe for target
> '/home/rutuja/libreoffice/workdir/ExternalProject/fontconfig/build' failed
> make[1]: ***
> [/home/rutuja/libreoffice/workdir/ExternalProject/fontconfig/build] Error 1
> Makefile:282: recipe for target 'build' failed
> make: *** [build] Error'
>  I have installed libexpat as well as libexpat-dev package using 'sudo
> apt-get install libxml2 libxml2-dev' when i try to install expat it shows
> [...]

To clarify, did you run

    sudo apt install libexpat1 libexpat1-dev

as well? (Your command explicitly mentions only 'libxml2' and
'libxml2-dev'.)

> I tried running ./configure --prefix=/usr but I get this error
>
> /home/rutuja/libreoffice/external/liblangtag/ExternalPackage_liblangtag.mk:17:
> *** file
> /home/rutuja/libreoffice/workdir/UnpackedTarball/liblangtag/liblangtag/.libs/liblangtag-lo.so.1.4.1
> does not exist in the tarball.  Stop.
> Makefile:282: recipe for target 'build' failed
> make: *** [build] Error 2now

There's no need to run './configure' manually, just run './autogen.sh'
as documented in the "How to build" instructions also linked from the
Android documentation that you're using: [1]

There's no need to set a prefix for building. By default, the
installation goes to a subdirectory ./instdir and you can run it from
there right away.

> How shall I proceed now??

Best is probably to run a 'make clean', and then run again. What does
your 'autogen.input' look like or did you pass any parameters to
'./autogen.sh' directly?

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build