Libreoffice OpenPGP Idea

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Sat Feb 15 23:03:08 UTC 2020

Hey Mohamed,

mohamed sameh wrote:
> --What C++ libraries do I need to know to be able to work on this idea ?
> --I am not experienced with UI/UX work on desktop applications as most of
> my work was basic UI or without UI at all. How hard will it be for me to
> work on a UX idea like OpenPGP ?

Prior knowledge in c++ is really helpful, also knowing some general
GUI concepts (but those should transfer well from other platforms or
frameworks).

I'd suggest you do one or two easy hacks that involve LibreOffice GUI
(which uses its own framework, so detailed knowledge of libraries
beyond LibreOffice wouldn't help much), to get the hang of it.

Looking fwd to see your contribution!

Cheers,

-- Thorsten