Libreoffice OpenPGP Idea

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at documentfoundation.org
Fri Feb 28 16:15:26 UTC 2020

Hi Mohamed,

many thanks for your interest. The work on the UI is pretty simple in general- as long as you stick to default controls. We use Glade and Gtk widget with some magic to load [1]. Don't worry too much about this, at least I don't see much UI work related to OpenPGP.

Always a bit more challenging is the workflow, so the UX aspect. We can discuss everything in detail and I'll try to help as best as I can. LibreOffice has a design team with some pretty talented designers and with people like me who focus on UX. You won't be alone :-).

All the best for your project,
Heiko

[1] http://caolanm.blogspot.com/2018/04/some-native-gtk-dialogs-in-libreoffice.html