[global-libreoffice-ci] Tinderbox on Master for Windows-Debug - Build # 25612 - Still Failing!

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:24:45 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-21 13:15, Luboš Luňák wrote:
> On Thursday 20 of February 2020, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Why can Windows --enable-pch apparently not cope with
>> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+diff/a7be9479a04de2f0
>> 059c5769bbd9dc354c84136b%5E%21> "Move Boost.Spirit usage away from legacy
>> namespace"?
>>> C:/cygwin/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_tb_master_win_dbg/slideshow/
>>> source/engine/smilfunctionparser.cxx: warning C4651:
>>> '/DBOOST_SPIRIT_USE_OLD_NAMESPACE' specified for precompiled header but
>>> not for current compile
>
>  The build is apparently incremental, so the PCH is still built
> with -DBOOST_SPIRIT_USE_OLD_NAMESPACE from a previous build.

I have no experience playing with PCH in LO build, but seeing this
problem, and also similar problems when compiler updates, might this
possibly be used:

if we have a special compilation unit for PCH, could it be touched every
time this module needs to recompile anything; then be compiled first
time, checking for errors/warnings; then if failed, PCH deleted and the
unit re-built again. Hopefully that could make it more robust, and in
the same time would not impose a significant overhead (if my assumption
that re-building the PCH unit does not automatically re-build PCH
itself, thus typically being an almost no-op when PCH is up-to-date)?

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski