Duplicate .uno commands

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:22:10 UTC 2020

Hi Maxim,

On 2020-01-05 2:38, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> The separate .uno:BulletsAndNumberingDialog command predates the
> handling of .uno:OutlineBullet in Writer. The latter was introduced
> only in 2013 as part of the sidebar feature work (commit
> d02f75a8c36705924ddd6a5921fe3012fafce812, "Resolves: #i121420# merge
> sidebar feature"). I believe the intent there was to have a single
> command to dispatch from the sidebar's bullets/numbering popups, across
> different modules, not to introduce any new behavior beyond
> .uno:BulletsAndNumberingDialog.

Thank you; so I assume that hiding .uno:BulletsAndNumberingDialog and
replacing its uses with .uno:OutlineBullet is OK.

>> and is there an
>> existing mechanism to hide some .uno commands from the customization
>> UI?
>
> Yes. Each sdi slot has 3 attributes which should be set to FALSE :
> AccelConfig, MenuConfig, ToolBoxConfig. As a result, the given command
> won't be reported to the customization dialog via the
> XDispatchInformationProvider interface. See the actual implementation
> in SfxBaseController::getConfigurableDispatchInformation and
> SfxAppDispatchProvider::getConfigurableDispatchInformation.

Thank you very much - now I see why I rejected my initial assumption of
this: as you may see in the links to the SDIs in the starting message
(duplicated below), the .uno:OutlineBullet slot does have the
AccelConfig and MenuConfig both set to FALSE; yet the slot is visible on
both menu and keyboard customization tabs. Looking at the places that
use the constants, I see that they all harvest whatever has at least one
of the flags set. So obviously a bug here :-)

https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/sdi/swriter.sdi?r=7efae60f#452
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/sdi/svx.sdi?r=ef6e2b50#5897

--
Best regards,