Duplicate .uno commands

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 23:38:32 UTC 2020

Hi Mike,

> So is there something I miss about these two commands behaving
> identically?

The separate .uno:BulletsAndNumberingDialog command predates the
handling of .uno:OutlineBullet in Writer. The latter was introduced
only in 2013 as part of the sidebar feature work (commit
d02f75a8c36705924ddd6a5921fe3012fafce812, "Resolves: #i121420# merge
sidebar feature"). I believe the intent there was to have a single
command to dispatch from the sidebar's bullets/numbering popups, across
different modules, not to introduce any new behavior beyond
.uno:BulletsAndNumberingDialog.

> and is there an
> existing mechanism to hide some .uno commands from the customization
> UI?

Yes. Each sdi slot has 3 attributes which should be set to FALSE :
AccelConfig, MenuConfig, ToolBoxConfig. As a result, the given command
won't be reported to the customization dialog via the
XDispatchInformationProvider interface. See the actual implementation
in SfxBaseController::getConfigurableDispatchInformation and
SfxAppDispatchProvider::getConfigurableDispatchInformation.

Best regards,
Maxim