Building Android: Issue with NDK path

Lars Meyer lars.meyer955 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 5 13:46:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

I tried to compile the Android version of LibreOffice following this
wiki-page:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingForAndroid

I created an autogen.input file on Linux 64bit with:

# ARM Android
--with-distro=LibreOfficeAndroid
# or Android x86 (preferable if using an AVD Emulator)
--with-distro=LibreOfficeAndroidX86
--with-android-sdk=/home/lars/Android/Sdk
--with-android-ndk=/home/lars/Android/ndk/18.1.5063045

But if I run autogen.sh I get the error message:

checking whether to use link-time optimization... no
configure: error: Unrecognized Android NDK. Missing RELEASE.TXT or
source.properties file in /home/lars/Android/ndk/18.1.5063045.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 292.

I tried the same with ndk version 20.1.5948944

(both NDK versions installed with Android Studio)

I looked into the directory of the NDK version and there is a
source.properties file available (but no RELEASE.TXT).

Is there a solution / workaround available to fix this issue and run the
build process?

Kind regards,
Lars