Building Android: Issue with NDK path

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:34:10 UTC 2020

Hi Lars, *,

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:52 PM Lars Meyer <lars.meyer955 at gmx.de> wrote:
> I tried to compile the Android version of LibreOffice following this
> wiki-page:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingForAndroid
>
> I created an autogen.input file on Linux 64bit with:
>
> # ARM Android
> --with-distro=LibreOfficeAndroid
> # or Android x86 (preferable if using an AVD Emulator)
> --with-distro=LibreOfficeAndroidX86
> --with-android-sdk=/home/lars/Android/Sdk
> --with-android-ndk=/home/lars/Android/ndk/18.1.5063045

That's quite an unusual path for NDK, but besides that is a too old version.

> But if I run autogen.sh I get the error message:
>
> checking whether to use link-time optimization... no
> configure: error: Unrecognized Android NDK. Missing RELEASE.TXT or
> source.properties file in /home/lars/Android/ndk/18.1.5063045.
> Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 292.
>
> I tried the same with ndk version 20.1.5948944
>
> (both NDK versions installed with Android Studio)

If you installed with Android studio, then th path should be
<sdk-directory>/ndk/<versionofndk>
(when using the new ndk option that allows you to install multiple
ndks, previously it would have been <sdk-directory>/ndk-bundle

> I looked into the directory of the NDK version and there is a
> source.properties file available (but no RELEASE.TXT).
>
> Is there a solution / workaround available to fix this issue and run the
> build process?

Double-check the path you specified in your autogen.input. To mee it
looks like you omitted the Sdk directory.
While of course possible that it is indeed the path your ndk was
installed to, it would not be default settings...

ciao
Christian