LibreOffice Android "Web Layout"

Tim Magee timothy at eastlincoln.net
Sun Jan 5 20:27:24 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern:

I am kind of a noob coder. I have maybe two commits in the LibreOffice codebase. I have a
pet bug that has been bugging me for years and I was wondering if anybody could give
me a little guidance. (If not, I understand, y'all are busy and do a great work).

Anyway, I am trying to use Collabora Office Beta from Google Play. Currently it shows
everything in "print layout". This makes it fairly hard to read and edit document. However,
LibreOffice desktop actually has 2 layouts, "print" and "web". I want to make the "web"
layout available on mobile so that it will be easier to view and edit documents on mobile.
Google Docs has something similar and this is my biggest gripe coming over to
LibreOffice from Google Docs.

>From what I understand, I will need to add something to LibreOfficeKit so that we can
switch layouts, and then I will need to add something to the user interface so that we can
call the function to switch layouts.

However, the codebase is large and complicated. Any pointers on how to find the where
new things are added to LibreOfficeKit would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
TIm Magee