sign problem with shear angle in transform matrix

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Jan 6 13:35:02 UTC 2020

Hi all,

the matrix, which is product by TRGetBaseGeometry and which is available
as property "Transformation" in macros, is mathematically wrong, because
the shear element has a wrong sign. What to do?
A) Convert the matrix into a mathematically correct one, where it is
needed, e.g. in case it will be multiplied by another matrix.
B) Change core to use the mathematically correct matrix.
C) Other idea?

I've used approach A for now. See
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f44140bebb9c493d97ba5aef26c9692c53a6b93f
and my new patch in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/core/+/86244/
I think, because the property "Transformation" might be used by existing
macros, it would not be good to change its content. Another reason is,
that option B would require large changes (some work in Armins aw080),
so that it should at least be accompanied by an expert developer.

Before I continue, I want to know, whether you think it is OK to use
option A.

The attachment has an example to reproduce the problem.

Kind regards
Regina