help in writing tests

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Jan 23 08:15:09 UTC 2020

Hi Shivam,

[ First, please let's keep the discussion on the mailing list, not in
private. ]

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 02:28:34PM +0530, Shivam Kumar Singh <shivamhere247 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for you reply .Following is the patch that I had submitted .
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/86944
>
> Also, Is it necessary to add unit test for all the bug fixes we do ?

It's a good idea to always consider it. More details here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Unit_Tests

Regarding your change, I would try to create a new document, dispatch an
uno command that creates the shape and the use the internal API to
verify that the fill type is none. If you put a breakpoint on your
change and take a look at the backtrace, that might give you an idea
what command to dispatch. Existing tests that do something similar
already:

- sd/qa/unit/uiimpress.cxx:69 GetDispatcher()->Execute() on how to
  dispatch a command

- sd/qa/unit/import-tests.cxx:682 GetMergedItem() on how to get the fill
  style

Regards,

Miklos