building 6.3.4.2 from source

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:29:15 UTC 2020

Hi Yury,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 1:53 AM Yury <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:

> When building the 6.3.4.2 from the released source archive on 64-bit linux,
> there were two difficulties:
>
> 1) if configured with the '--with-export-validation' the build process
> fails, as it seems like some rng schemas are expected to be in
> subdirectories of the 'schema' subdirectory -- but those were empty in the
> source archive and were not populated by the build (so I had to switch that
> validation off);

Those are not part of the tarballs since 2016
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/34dced99c33a97dab86c4538fa267ad4ad4fb41f%5E%21

> 2) binaries validation fails for the ELFs linking the 'suspicious
> libpython3.7m.so.1.0'; like, why?? I had to add this SO to the
> $globalwhitelist in the 'bin/check-elf-dynamic-objects'.

Because the epm based packaging is mostly/nearly exclusively used by
TDF to provide the baseline builds, and that acts as a safeguard to
not introduce unwanted runtime dependencies not guaranteed to be
available on baseline.

You can add additional entries by exporting
LO_ELFCHECK_WHITELIST=libintl.so.8 for example.

ciao
Christian