Output of printf

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:28:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 27.07.2020 19:17, anshu khare wrote:

> So recently I built Libreoffice in Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows.

LibreOffice is build in Cygwin terminal on Windows; Visual Studio IDE
cannot do a full build (although can do a limited rebuild after initial
full build had been completed).

> I want to know if soffice.bin is the console window for Libreoffice.sln
> project.

Since version 6.3, soffice.bin process is a console process, and it is
attached to the debugging console window created by Visual Studio when
you start it from the IDE in IDE integration scenatio, if that's what
you are asking.

> If not, then please tell me where to find the console window to generate
> the output of a simple printf statement.

It all lacks the background, why are you asking? Obviously the first
thing to do would be to add some printf somewhere, make sure it gets
executed, and see if it appears on the console. But you omit this
information, so I can only guess that you have tried that (a patch of
your attempted changes would be helpful, or better a gerrit change), and
somehow failed ... and that's why you ask, right?

SAL_WARN/INFO/etc could be also useful; or using Visual Studio
debugger's breakpoints properties allowing you to make the breakpoint to
output something to IDE output window and continue (thus eliminating a
need to change source code, build, then test).

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski