Building LO from source

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Fri Jun 12 10:33:36 UTC 2020

On 12/6/20 4:41 pm, Ismet Bahadir wrote:

> The institution I'm giving LO is asking to remove some of the "apps"
> that they are not going to use. Those apps may stay in the compiled
> package, but I don't want users to see those apps. It's like installing
> MS Office with unchecking MS Access. The office software is still fully
> functional, but the users can't use or even see Access app. This is what
> I want to do with LO.

Perhaps this is a little primitive, but you could just do a normal
build/install (of everything) but remove the .desktop files for those
modules you don't want users to see. That way there is no access to
those modules via the normal menu system they would most likely be using.

Of course users could still access those modules via CLI if they know
how (unlikely ?).

chris