Building LO from source

Rene Engelhard rene.engelhard at mailbox.org
Sun Jun 14 14:28:47 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am 14.06.20 um 10:06 schrieb Ismet Bahadir:
>  The "build-deb libreoffice" command also fails on my Debian-10
> virtual machine. It says "the system requires javahelper" but can't
> find and install javahelper

If at all, "build-dep".

And:

javahelper | 0.72.9        | stable       | all

so it's available, of course. Whatever you do, you do it wrong:

# apt build-dep libreoffice
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
[...]
0 upgraded, 1138 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 868 MB of archives.
After this operation, 2987 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

#

> > Except from the (accidental?) double paste, I see repeating params
> like '*--disable-gstreamer*' at 2 different places. And I would make
> sure I really need all the '--without-*' and "--disable-*" params.
> Some might impact certain functionalities/features or extensions.
>
> TBH, I don't know what those parameters are and do.

Sigh.

> Those double pastes were accidental, yes. Actually those
> parameters were taken from a web site (don't remember now). It was
> arguing to create an autogen.input file and put these lines in the
> file but there were no explanations.
>
> Is it best to install with all those parameters? What I need to do is
> simple:
[...]
> 3) I want to be able to install an extension in Calc

And if it's a Java extension, *of course* using --without-java (as you
did) makes no sense.

Regards,

Rene