More information about hung Jenkins builds

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 12:51:05 UTC 2020

On 28/05/2020 22:19, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> For now, I have updated
> <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_linux_clang_dbgutil/> to use the
> new kill-wrapper timeout feature instead of Jenkins' "Abort the build if
> it's stuck" option.  (And am planning to roll it out to other Linux
> Jenkins jobs that could benefit from it, once it has proven sufficiently
> stable.)

I have rolled out the kill-wrapper and its timeout feature now also for
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_linux_clang_dbgutil_branch/>,
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_linux_gcc_release/>, and
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_ubsan/>.

@Cloph:  Besides tb7{5,6,9}, some of those jobs are also serviced by
hc-{1,2,3}, which are currently offline.  I've queued
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/admin_lode/> jobs for all three now
(#108--110), as they will need an updated lode checked out to have a
working kill-wrapper.  (And lets hope that lode's bin/kill-wrapper, a
binary executable built from bin/kill-wrapper.c on tb75, also works on
the hc-{1,2,3} machines.  If that's a problem, we should probably build
it on each individual machine via lode's setup script instead.)