[Libreoffice-qa] ESC meeting minutes: 2020-03-05

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Tue Mar 10 10:02:20 UTC 2020

Am 10.03.20 um 10:47 schrieb Michael Stahl:
> On 10.03.20 10:25, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> After the transition from the two-stage dmake-based build system to
>> gbuild was completed, this could have been cleaned up, moving the
>> relevant dependencies into the individual tests.
>
> this was actually done for new tests and turned out to be a horrible
> idea leading to dozens of lines of copypasta in every CppunitTest
> makefile and still missing vital dependencies that then led to hours
> wasted debugging test failures that only happen sometimes when building
> from scratch.

I can imagine. There was also some more discussion in my linked
javacheck patch: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/88833, which
should have been on the list.

But honestly: why do we want to have subsequentcheck at all, and not
just run all tests after the build. This would get rid of all the
use_more_fonts and whatever over hacks currently exist. The machine
should be busy enough building LO. Eventually it might even lead to more
stable test runs ;-)