Reasonable boost baseline?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 13:41:43 UTC 2020

On 21/03/2020 12:28, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> I would like to start a discussion about the actual Boost baselines we
> need to support on libreoffice-6-3, -6-4, and master.  Lacking any
> communicated reason why a branch should support a specific lower
> baseline, I would suggest we stick to the version of our bundled
> external/boost on a branch as the baseline for that branch (and update
> the configure.ac AX_BOOST_BASE check accordingly).

Thanks for the responses.  So contemporary SUSE-based distros appear to
require 1.66, which is also the case for RHEL-8--based ones, while
contemporary Debian-based distros appear to require 1.67.

I'm thus going to submit <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90985>
"Set Boost baseline to 1.66, and enforce it" to master once it builds
green.  (I don't intend to backport it to libreoffice-6-3 or -6-4
myself, but if anybody sees a need for that, wouldn't mind either.)