Try to upgrade to Firebird 3.0.7

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 10 17:57:26 UTC 2020

Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote
> I was looking into building 3.0.7 when trying to build Firebird for
> Windows Arm64. I'm really wondering, why we build Firebird on Windows
> with a heavily patched configure, which doesn't support cross building
> at all. Any reason not to use VS / msbuild solutions? Has anyone tried
> that?
>
> We use msbuild for quite a few external dependencies, like Python.

I gave a try (see https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/105440) and it
worked on Linux after having added a typedef for a template parameter
but then it failed on Jenkins because:
- it didn't build on Mac with "Could not find acceptable ICU library" and I
didn't find why
- it didn't build on Windows with "LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open
input file 'ifbclient.lib'" whereas I tried to use "ifbclient" everywhere in
existing patches. (BTW, just wonder we don't keep the original lib name)
after having found and fixed the "diff" problem on Windows (which needed
--strip-trailing-cr), quite disappointing.

Re thinking about what you indicated about Windows part, perhaps a first
step would be to simplify this part before trying to upgrade but clearly,
far too complicated for me...

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html