FYI: Disabling Vulkan for Skia on Windows/nVidia

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Mon Sep 28 08:22:16 UTC 2020

 Hello,

 there's https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/103533 that blocks Vulkan on
Windows/nVidia, and I plan also to backport to 7.0 . There are several
bugreports that seem specific to that OS/HW combination and I do not have
access to such a system, so I cannot debug this (I don't even know if it's a
problem of the drivers or LO code).

 If somebody has that setup and would be interested in debugging it, I can
help with that of course.

 This means that Windows/nVidia will now default to Skia/Raster. That
shouldn't actually be that big deal, as Raster performs rather well too. If
you know a performance problem compared to other VCL rendering backens, file
a bugreport and I'll have a look at it.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com