CppCheck Report on vm140 Not Running

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Mon Apr 26 06:14:35 UTC 2021

Hi Luke,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 03:55:50PM +0000, Luke Benes <lukebenes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> How common is this? A check of
> > git rev-list --all --grep='cppcheck' -i   --count
> 1847
>
> Grepping shows a good mix of usual suspects and many GSoC students
> looking for easy hacks. More importantly there were almost none since
> the CppCheck script stopped working.

I just described my workflow. :-) In my case, if I run these linters on
a chunk of code I just wrote, I run them before pushing my commit, so
typically it's not mentioned in the commit message.

Anyhow, I did not argue that such a service is useless, you just asked
why nobody complained when the service stopped, and I just mentioned one
possible reason.

Regards,

Miklos