CppCheck Report on vm140 Not Running

Christian Lohmaier cloph at documentfoundation.org
Mon Apr 26 09:45:21 UTC 2021

Hi Luke, *,

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 3:42 PM Luke Benes <lukebenes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The script to email the dev list with the updated CppCheck Report at has stopped running.

back in June 2020… so as pointed out: not really actively used by people.

> Could we get this restarted?

Recreating it is always an option if there are volunteers maintaining
it. But I certainly am not interested for getting blamed that service
xy is failing for x weeks anymore like it has been the case with other
services in the past. Infra will be more trigger happy to just kill
unmaintained VMs.
Also not interested in setting up specially handcrafted build
environments. If it cannot be setup on a centos7 or debian 10 with
standard packages, any setup required needs to be either added to lode
or documented properly.

But also don't expect Infra team to browse the list for random
infra-requests. For larger stuff a redmine ticket is the best way, for
smaller bits here and there #tdf-infra on IRC or mail to
hostmaster at documentfoundation.org.

So if Maarten is willing to take patronage of that, I'm happy to setup
a hetzner cloud VM with the jenkins-buildslave setup as a playground.
But let me restate: If manual setup steps are required, they need to
be properly documented. It must be possible to set up the machine with
salt states (distro packages, adding files, symlinks,...) or must be
contained as a recipe in lode (if tools are required in a newer
version than is available in centos7/epel/devtools repos)

But given that the job had stopped so many months ago without anyone
complaining - not sure how useful it really would be.

ciao
Christian

--
Christian Lohmaier, Release Engineer
Tel: +49 30 5557992-60 | IRC: cloph on Freenode