CppCheck Report on vm140 Not Running

Guilhem Moulin guilhem at libreoffice.org
Thu Apr 29 17:30:42 UTC 2021

As cloph wrote:

| But also don't expect Infra team to browse the list for random
| infra-requests. For larger stuff a redmine ticket is the best way, for
| smaller bits here and there #tdf-infra on IRC or mail to
| hostmaster at documentfoundation.org.

Also FWIW I don't see any relevant occurrence of cppcheck/vm140 in my
#tdf-infra and #libreoffice-dev 2020/2021 IRC logs.  Might have happen
during a netsplit/disconnect/vacation, but IRC workflow is not “fire and
forget”, if the message is not acked then don't assume it's been seen
let alone will be acted upon.

> Why can't you reset the user's password?

I'm very much against re-hooking a box that has not been maintained for
years to the main infrastructure and pretend all is well.

> In the time, it took you to write that email, I could have rebooted
> into recovery mode, dropped to root shell, and reset the root password
> on the boxes I manage. This is a 30-second procedure.  Every
> hypervisor has some method to allow admins to boot guests into single
> user.

It's never been about being unable to regain access…

--
Guilhem.