Week #7 - #8 Report - GSoC - 100 Paper Cuts

Bayram Çiçek mail at bayramcicek.com.tr
Sun Aug 1 09:17:51 UTC 2021

Hi all,

GSoC progress for week #7 and week #8.

https://bayramcicek.com.tr/libreoffice-dev/2021/08/01/week-07-08-gsoc.html
<https://bayramcicek.com.tr/libreoffice-dev/2021/08/01/week-07-08-gsoc.html>

 > Made research on borders in Writer-Tables

Bug: tdf#51665 - Support diagonal borders in TABLEs

I made research about how applying borders works in Writer-Tables. Then
I started to work on it with sending first patchsets as WIP:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/119685
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/119685>

I realized that Calc has diagonal borders feature in both /"Format >
Cells... > Borders tab"/ and (Sidebar Tab)/"Properties > Cell
Appearance/". Next week, I will try to understand how diagonal borders
work in Calc cells and will try to implement them in Writer-Tables.

 > Summary of last 2 weeks
     - Worked on Writer-Tables
     - commit: (WIP) Support diagonal borders in Writer-Tables :
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/119685
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/119685>

 > Next week TO-DO:
     - Work on Calc diagonal borders and try to implement them in
Writer-Tables

Thank you all.

--

Regards, Bayram Çiçek