FYI: stripping away some of the chart2 rendering complexity

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 11:18:34 UTC 2021

Hi

Thank you! All comments welcome!

On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 at 12:29, Armin Le Grand <armin_le_grand at me.com> wrote:

> AFAIR the XShapes/SdrObject(s) are needed to allow interaction/clicks in
> activated chart

Yes, I hope to be able to leave the interactive parts alone, and only
unwind the purely drawing parts.

One idea I had (recently - not talked about yet) was to implement a new
> SdrObject that may contain/host seq<primitives>, so a kind of
> SdrPrimitiveObject.

Yes, I agree completely, this is where I hope to end up at the end of the
process - with most of the pure drawing handled by a couple of
SdrPrimitiveObject's containing lots of drawinglayer objects.

Regards, Noel.