Recursive use of non-recursive std::mtuex in Scheduler::ProcessTaskScheduling?

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Wed Feb 10 09:21:00 UTC 2021

On 09.02.21 19:47, Luboš Luňák wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 of February 2021, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

>> I wasn't anymore aware, that PeekMessage, called from AnyInput, will
>> actually dispatch messages (well - the API docs start with "Dispatches
>> incoming sent messages").
>
>   I did notice that, but I thought it was related only to PM_REMOVE. I find
> PeekMessage( PM_NOREMOVE ) processing messages to be pretty lame :(.

oh, i guess that surprises everyone at some point... synchronous
SendMessage() are dispatched asap at every message API call before async
PostMessage() are handled, to unblock other threads.

this is actually good because it prevents the deadlock i used to think
was unsolvable in the last slide of my 2014 conference talk.