Adoption of mathml standards on starmath

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Feb 17 08:29:10 UTC 2021

Hi Dante,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 10:09:23AM +0100, Dante Doménech <dante19031999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working for a while in making starmath fully mathml compatible,
> but after my last try of implementing priority based parser hit a
> structural problem. So there's the point; in order to be able to guarantee
> backwards compatibility I need to add a new parser. If the document is old
> type (7.1) use old parser and if it's new type (7.2) use new parser.

You may rather want a feature / compat flag, so in case there is no good
migration between old-style and new-style then if you edit old-style
with 7.2, you want to keep that still as old-style.

> However I don't know the UNO api so well, is there a way to differentiate
> them?

Did you check if the existing mechanism Writer and Impress has would be
suitable for Math as well?

See sw/source/core/doc/DocumentSettingManager.cxx; there is also
sd/source/ui/docshell/docshel4.cxx, see the
SetAnchoredTextOverflowLegacy() call there.

Regards,

Miklos